Wednesday, May 5, 2010

negotiating an easement

this is a week of easing back into something like my actual life.
went over a lot of music Monday, played a lot yesterday, going to be playing a lot today
I was beat last night. went to bed at 10:30. slept a lot.
but I'm ready for the day. SCM muscle in my neck is talking to me some...I feel like I've gone past the point where, if I feel something in one of my recovering muscles, I'm doing something wrong. I think it's time to reacquaint my muscles with the job they are going to be doing. which means I can train as long as I don't strain. moving equipment (amp in the opposite hand), rehearsing.
so I'll keep an eye on anything, like that neck muscle, that talks to me...but I'll ask it to contribute in something like the old way sometimes.

planned obsolescence

that's the purpose and destiny of this blog.
I slept for about seven hours, woke up and read some Sondheim for awhile. kind of like the weeks where I would wake up after a few hours, and read til it was time to sleep again.
it kind of reminded me. I shaved the beard. I got a haircut. I'm rehearsing.
but I'm still recovering.
I'm not sure any state of health is enough that we should tell our bodies what to do more than they tell us what to do. but I'm still in the work zone, orange cones all around, fines doubled for speeding.
I meet with the radiology doc, Dr. Casey, tomorrow to go over the plan of attack. there will certainly be a report on that meeting herein.
the call from Dr. Nemechek on Monday was kind of a good news cleanup. he looked at the stuff that was "lighting up" (that's so the best way to say that) on the PET scan, and determined that it was all in the area he had operated on, as is expected...read my lips, no new growth. he said little bits like the pea sized reading in my lungs show up on PET scans "all the time". he said it wil be 90 days after the end of radiation before we scan again...read, the fall...and we will watch all things.
but, devoted reader, it gives me only slightly mixed feelings to say...at some point, maybe soon, entries in this space will fizzle and stop.
it is one of America's proudest traditions, that in the annals of Medical Justice, a defendant is Healthy until proven Malignant.
and so shall I consider myself in the coming months and years.

No comments:

Post a Comment