Wednesday, May 19, 2010

remember when the news we read here was usually really good? it is like that again...

had the MRI at 6:30 this morning (got up 4:45...almost as early as tomorrow...)

got back at like 8:30am and went to bed. Dr. Nemechek called while I was sleeping, 10am.

he left info on the answering machine...I told him I welcomed that, whatever HIPAA might say.

he said there was no other growth showing, in the old surgical area, the other side of the neck, anywhere but the one we've been looking at. and that it had grown a tiny bit, befitting either a tumor or some traumatized lymph node.

so, the operation tomorrow seems more straightforward than might have been feared. I mean, I think again that there's a tiny chance I could be cancer free now, and that the weeks that follow are just a bad insurance policy.
but mostly, there's less chance he'll get in there and have to start wholesaling. everything must go! 40 % cuts! I must be craaazy!
less chance of that. more of a single target to focus on, and radiation to shut the door later.

more chance, in my mind anyway, that this operation might be easier all around than the last.

it won't be long until we know, relatively for sure.

I know this has been happening not only to me, but to everyone I know. and everyone has been positive and as supportive and loving as can be. but I'll tell you, each and every person I've encountered in these weeks has been a little down, a little scared, a little shadowy.
it's very moving. I hear Clarence telling me, you know, George, you've had a wonderful life.
but I look forward to sharing my sense of relief and release with all of the angels in my firmament after a stunningly good outcome tomorrow. and hanging out with some happier people! I mean, really!


2 comments:

  1. Will be thinking of you all day today and hoping soon that this will all be over for you and those who love you dearly...
    much love,
    Jim and Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breath being held.

    Have a speedy recovery.

    Keith

    ReplyDelete