Sunday, May 2, 2010

no news

a little unusual for us not to have heard from Dr. Nemechek yesterday concerning the PET scan results, which will tell whether I have any other misunderstood cells in other places in my body.

or, rather, Dr. Nemechek's incredible persistence about keeping in touch with me has been very very unusual...this seems unlike him.

I called his office to make sure he had the right phone number (he said he had some trouble calling here one weekend). the service said they would tell him, and if he didn't call back in 15 minutes, get back in touch with them. I waited 45 and called...they said they had personally spoken with him (and given him the number). they said he was "in the middle of something".

one can imagine. like, one of the "really sick" people. or, like, his life.

or he saw the results and wanted to run it by a few folks before saying definitively. albert einstein is a notoriously slow ouija board participant.

I'm fond of saying that the hardest work some people do some days is finding a comfortable position. I feel like adding, also waiting. I'm doing pretty well with it...in fact, it could be another month or so if the news is bad. then I'd be saying, what was the damn hurry?
but it was a tense adrenalin-y day for my loved ones. and today, no relief yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment