Thursday, May 20, 2010

Scott is feeling good right now but things are not as we thought

We haven’t talked to Dr. Nemechek yet (does any of this seem familiar?), but preliminary indications are that there was much more going on inside than we thought.

He took out 3.8 - 4 cm of tumor which was connected to the original tumor further up on the unnamed nerve (Arthur) but Dr. Nemechek told the girls that he thinks the origin of the tumor came from the spine and traveled down the nerve.

He left a sliver of tumor on the spine because he didn’t want to cut into the spine itself.

So all of our original goals were accomplished. No damage to the voice box, scm, or spinal accessory nerve. After healing, functionality will remain full.

But my understanding is that radiation will play a larger part than we thought. Again things always look different after the latest input from Andy. But he wanted to deal with the sliver of tumor on the spine with radiation and feels that is the best way to knock it out while keeping me rockin’.

2:45 has traditionally been a fortuitous sign for Andy sightings. And I’ll tell you what I know when I know it.

But it seems like he’s trying for everything. It seems like he’s taking his best shot not only at keeping me alive but at keeping me me. And I’m completely with him all the way.

The goal for me, for the girls, and for everyone is to put everything we have into life right now, into continuance, because that’s what we’re looking at. To face the shadows and still really really be here. I’m grateful Dr. Nemechek wants to go for everything and if he thinks we can do it, it would be a sorry person who thought about betting against him.

No comments:

Post a Comment